Re: telnetd won't run

Also, make sure you apply all the updates, after I applied the updates, it started working for me from the CLI.
Sincerely,
John

On 11/15/07, Albert Graham <agraham@xxxxxxx> wrote:
# lsof -i:23

Will show you whats listening (i.e. program name and PID)

Also check your /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files in case they
are denying acess.

Are you using some other authentication scheme (e.g. PAM) or some
firewall settings (e.g. iptables/ipchains).

You should contact the mailing list for your distribution you are using
as this list is specific to Fedora/Red hat based distros.

Al.