Dictionary for Thunderbird

I am using two dictionary for thunderbird (English/Italian)
When I am logged as standard user the automatic spelling is not
working for the dictionary different from English (but it is o.k. as
root!!!).
for example if I write a word (i.e. prova, that is Italian for sure)
it says that should be changed with prova (!!!), but also the replace
button is grayed

I am using development version of Fedora but I had similar behaviour in F8.
Anyone using two different dictionaries???

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag