Re: upgrade from F7 to F8 freeze at beginning

BB Cao wrote:
I was trying to upgrade to F8 on my Dell Inspiron B130 laptop with
i386 install DVD. I didn't have any device connect to my laptop.  The
installation stops at very beginning, right after,

"...(I skip other information here) running install ... running
/sbin/loader"

Anybody could help me with that? I made my install DVD twice already,
each time I downloaded F8 from different sites even. The problem is
still there. My F7 works fine though. Thanks in advance.
There is no point re-downloading the iso image... you need to test the integrity of the iso image before you burn it. Download the SHA1SUM file from the same place you got the iso and put it in the same folder. Then:
cd to that folder
sha1sum	-c SHA1SUM

This looks for the files found within SHA1SUM and compares the checksum generated from the downloaded iso's.

DaveT.