Re: enthousiast

zotkop wrote:
Dear list,
I just had a friend telling me, she wants to try Linux.
We discussed it a lot, but now she felt ready.
As she was explaining what the do's and dont's are @ her place,
i felt like saying, "Fedora" after every sentence.
As I didn't want to push her to much,
(so she wouldn't regret it in a few years, and say the "We still can be friends, but.." words)
I didn't (that much).
As this is her first time,
I'd like to be the one guiding her on that dark, but pleasant trip.
It was hard to say, but i had to admit, (i'm a honest guy)
that there are a lot of different shapes and flavours out there.
And that she, one day, would have the unresistable impulse to try some other.
I figured this out, (ok it's harsh i know)
I'll let her try some other one's first,
and at the end, I'll compare them to mine...
so the chance that se will be "using" mine for a long time,
is bigger.
Am I right? Or should I let her use a lot of different distro's, and let her make up her mind herself,
and let me, myself and I stand at the side and wach powerless?
ps: I already considdered talking to her parents, but they wouldn't understand, i guess. (I'd like her to use Fedora VERRY much!!) someone an opinion on how to convince someone to use fedora?

"I tried lots of distributions and wound up using Fedora. If you like it that's the one I can support the best if you ever have a problem." At the moment there are only three distributions I would recommend to anyone, and I run Fedora more or less happily. As does my wife who hates computers but tolerates Linux because it's dead stable.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>