Re: telnetd won't run

Hello,
Try starting up the GUI with startx and run telnet from terminal from the GUI that is what worked for me. I had the same problem as you was not working from the CLI.
Sincerely,
John

On 11/15/07, vladak@xxxxxxxxxxxx <vladak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>You're using another (old) none Red Hat/Fedora based Linux distribution:

>On Redhat/Fedora try:

>chkconfig telnet on
>service xinetd restart

>The telnet config file is /etc/xinetd.d/telnet

T>he fact that you're seeing

>"Escape character is '^]'.

>Connection closed by foreign host."

>Indicates the something is listening on port 23 (telenetd is running), otherwise >you'd see something like: "Connection refused"

Txh for feedback. Guess you are right about everything! But I still don't know how to fix this. Who is listening on port 23, telnetd? If it is, why does it close all connections?

I tried: /etc/xinet.d/telnet restart didn't help
Checked structure of this file and it's same like some I found on web.
What can I try next?

Vlada