yum problem after bad shutdown

I've been unable to "yum update" my Fedora-7 laptop for a couple of days,
because I apparently need a recent "kdebase3",
which I cannot locate.

[tim@elizabeth ~]$ sudo
yum --exclude=kdeartwork,kdebase-devel,kdebindings,kdeaddons update
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: kdebase3 >= 3.5.8 is needed by package
kdebindings
Error: Missing Dependency: kdebase3 >= 3.5.8 is needed by package kdeaddons
Error: Missing Dependency: kdebase-libs = 6:3.5.8-3.fc7 is needed by package
kdebase-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: kdebase3 >= 3.5.8 is needed by package kdeartwork
[tim@elizabeth ~]$ sudo
yum --exclude=kdeartwork,kdebase-devel,kdebindings,kdeaddons update

What happened was that my laptop ran out of battery
in the middle of a yum update,
and I assume that that was the cause of the trouble.

I'm slightly puzzled that my exclude= did not have the required effect?

But my main query is how to deal with the requirement for kdebase3.
I do not seem to have any file of that name,
and do not see where it would come from.

Any and all suggestions and advice gratefully received.