External Hard Drive Mounting Problem for Back up's

Hello All:
I am new to Fedora. Just installed Fedora 8 on my Dell Inspiron Laptop. So far
I am impressed. I have a USB External hard drive that is attached. Does
anyone know how to permanently mount the partitions on it? I would like to
use it for Hard Drive back up and to play music files from. Also could you
recommend a good way to back up my current lappy hard disk to one of the
partitions on the external hard drive. TIA
--
	Yours,
	Ralph.