Re: shutdown problems using KDE - logout only

Jim Cornette wrote:
Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
Hello,
         I installed fedora 8.Everything went on fine till I tried to
switch off the computer,I use the KDE desktop and when i clicked the
"Log Out" option nothing happens.I have to use /sbin/poweroff.What
should I do?

You should change your display manager to kdm instead of gdm which is the default display manager whether you are using gnome or kde.

Best way to do that is to create a file /etc/sysconfig/desktop and put this line in it:
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"