Re: rpm spec file

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:01:38 +0100
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 13:45 +0000, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> > > %build
> > > CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -DNO_REGPARM" ./configure --prefix=%{prefix}
> > > --enable-gnomeui make
> >
> > Unless there is something seriously up with the configure script, prefix
> > should not be needed
> Only if %configure was used, but ... as Michael already wrote, this spec
> has many problems ... it uses ./configure and thereby misses to pass a
> lot of directories.

Thanks to you both for your comments.  I am currently looking at the relevant
spec files and comparing what I had to what I found on that dribble site.
I now have a good deal of interesting stuff to compare and investigate further.

Dribble looks pretty cool, too.  I don't think I'm familiar with that
repository -- if I heard about it before I didn't pay much attention to it but
now I'm looking through all that it has to offer as well.

Cool!  More new toys to play with....