FOUND : Cursor control in F8/

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:30:47 +0000, Beartooth wrote:

>> Pointers, in mouse hardware preferences.

> 	So did it go somewhere else? The desktop searcher (which used to
> give its name in the icon properties as beagle, but doesn't any more)
> fails to find it.

	By dumb luck and sheer curiousity, I just stumbled on it. You go
to the new thing called Appearance (whose icon Properties say it runs
gnome-appearance-properties %F), and spot a button near the bottom called
Customize; click it; the far right tab says Pointer, and has a slider
near the bottom for size. Move it, close the tab, and unless I'm
misremembering, be sure to click Save As and tell it something before you
close the App.

	But if that also has a way to enable the control-button trick (or
any way to make the screensaver *use* backgrounds file, or any choice of
files by the user), I sure don't see it.

Remember I know precious (very precious) little
of what I am talking about.