Re: pulseaudio == disaster ??

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:56:25 -0500
"David A. De Graaf" <dad@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

5 - The http://www.pulseaudio.org/ web page is a paean to the wonders of
this new system, but has precious little instruction on how to
actually make it work.

My impression exactly. I even figured out I probably needed
a daemon running, so I tried to find out the name of the program
to run or what arguments to give it. The information may be on
the pulseaudio web site somewhere, but it is hidden under
the enormous pile of self promotion :-).

I removed the alsa pulseaudio plugin pagkage and everything
is back to normal :-).

How many releases did it take before even a small number
of people started saying selinux was easy to use? I think
pulseaudio may need about the same number...

I was watching and listening to a file when a high noise level NEVER heard on F7 showed up on F8. I turned it off and then right back on and the second time it seemed to work. This pulseaudio and Selinux are a real pair of cases. I have yet to see any advantage to either.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User