Re: How to get mail to local destinations delivered?

Chris G wrote:

Running sendmail with magic incantations involving -d will probably tell Chris what it's doing. I've used it, and despite the current man-page's assertion I did not read the source code to find what to do. I think they're documented in the sendmail-doc package. I found them in a book by Paul Vixie, but that book's not where I am, and it is now very old.

I've got the O'Reilly "Sendmail" book, I got it some years ago when I
was more involved in such things.  It might throw some light on this
issue.

However it does feel distinctly like overkill when all I want is mail
delivery within a single system!  :-)

It may well be of course that a trivial sendmail.mc/sendmail.cf will
do what I want, it's obvious that most of the contents of these files
are totally irrelevant to local mail delivery.

You need to know how it's making its decision, and I think those debug flags will lead you to it.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait