Re: Live Spins

R A Jon Hamelin wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:

So once again I will try to inquire if the spin is available as a straight download and if so, could I be pointed in the right direction. I presently use OpenSolaris Developer Edition and would be very interested in comparing it to the Fedora Developer Spin.

The short answer is that is the custom spins (games, electronics lab and developer for Fedora 8) are torrent only and not available via http/ftp since volunteer mirrors have only finite amount of space.

Having said that I know that there is atleast one http mirror that showed up for the games spin so there might be similar mirrors for the developer spin but I am not aware of any.

There is also another venue. Whatever is available in the developer spin is available in the Fedora repository and the kickstart files used to generate the spins is available at /usr/share/livecd-tools so it is possible for you to rebuild the spin locally by running livecd-creator against the kickstart file possibly modifying it to point to a local mirror instead. If you have any questions on the process, let me know.

Rahul