Re: Live Spins

Frank Cox wrote:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:34:57 -0800
R A Jon Hamelin <jon_hamelin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have had bad experiences with torrents and will not use them again.

What's wrong with the torrents?  I downloaded F8 that way the other day at a
very healthy pace.

 Hi Frank:

A little over a year ago I downloaded a file - 4.3 GB - from what I thought was a safe site. After installing the program, my computer rebooted by itself and all hell broke loose. I no longer had a functioning BIOS. In addition it wiped my hard drives. Checking with the site in question, I discovered that the file should have been 3.8 GB.

In my opinion bit torrents are a security issue. Having lost 3 days worth of irreplaceable photos from a commercial shoot and the contract, it was an expensive lesson for me.

sincerely,

--
R A Jon Hamelin
Hamelin Graphics