Re: Re: Summary of issues with clean install F8 in Dell D610

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 11:30 +0000, Mike Cohler wrote:
> reen OK's on the screen one line that said:
> Stopping irqbalance - failed
>
> This remains with the new f8 kernel also.

I haven't tried FC8 yet, but with FC7, irqbalance runs, then stops a
little while later, as it's normal mode of operation on my computer
(there's an option to not terminate, and keep on running, but that
doesn't make any difference, here).

If that's the case for you, that it's run and finished, then you
couldn't stop it again, later.  It's already stopped.

I've been looking at this, a bit, with FC7, since I couldn't get the
cpuspeed daemon to run while booting, and I'd been looking at what else
might interact.  My irqbalance service starts then stops shortly
afterwards.  My cpuspeed service simply aborts without even a failure
message.  I messed around with the run order, even putting it last, and
it doesn't help.  Putting a service start command for it in the rc.local
file works, though.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.