Re: Extra drive

Darren Foster wrote:
Hi All
Firstly thank you in advance for any advice that is forthcoming.... I have an old pc that i have chucked a 250GB hard drive in and installed FC7 (I THINK!) anyway i hope to add a networked drive to the home network and basically have drive letter H: show up on all the pcs on the home windows network so that everyone can store some files on that spare drive. Obviosly i want drive H: to be on the Fedora Box. Can anyone expain how to do this or point to a guide that will walk me through it with some hand holding? Best regards,
--
Darren Foster
Hi,

Google up on "Samba fedora howto" and there are so many tutorials on how to achieve what you want to do. A fedora centric tutorial can be found at http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/sambaserver.shtml