Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Il giorno ven, 09/11/2007 alle 08.13 -0700, Charles Curley ha scritto:

> Here's the problem: NetworkManager (NM) and the network "service" are
> incompatible. If NM is running, it will obliterate the setup the
> network service, so running "service network restart" gets you only
> temporary relief.

then NM It should not be a services but an application started when a
user do login in init 5 to help user with wifi network.

Why NM is a system service if conflict with network service?

I use NM on my laptop only for automatic start dhcp request when the
cable network is plugged in.

Why this work (know cable plugged in and get dhcp request) It does not
do from network service?

For WiFi: If I have a wlan0 correctly configured (with password stored
in a secure files), Why standard network service not up my wlan0
interface when a wifi network is detects? Honoring, for example, a new
flag PRIORITY in ifcfg-xxx0 files

In this way, work in init 5 runlevel, the user via a simple applet in
tray bar can start/stop (ifup/ifdown) interface.

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my bad english :-(

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca@xxxxxxxxxx>