make a grub option for rescue

Has someone tried to make the rescue environment available from the hard disk ?
That is from the grub menu.

I grabbed the vmlinuz and initrd from the pxeboot folder, and put them on the boot partition. I then added a /boot/grub/grub.conf entry:
label Fedora 8 Rescue
  root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz rescue keyboard=us lang=en_AU.UTF-8 method=hd://sda7/ ip=dhcp
  initrd /initrd.img

I can then boot that; but still need to specify:
- keyboard
- hard-disk dev
- hd path
- yes to network etc

It seems like the params are ignored in conjunction with rescue. Anyone know for sure ?

DaveT.