Re: F8 - upgrading impossible

Björn Persson wrote:
söndagen den 11 november 2007 skrev Jim Cornette:
Question: Was the DVD automounted under /media/fedora8-dvd-whatever when inserted? Were you in GUI mode or in text mode?

I was in GUI mode. The DVD image file was on a USB stick. The USB stick was automounted as /media/CORSAIR when inserted. (It happens to be manufactured by Corsair.) The five DVD and CD images in various directories on the USB stick were of course not automounted.

Björn Persson

Thanks for the explanation of how you were attempting to upgrade. I assumed it was a DVD.

--
"When people are least sure, they are often most dogmatic."
-- John Kenneth Galbraith