Fedora 8 install: Anaconda exits abnormally

The system is a VIA EPIA (C3 533Mhz, 512MB RAM), currently running F7.

I get to the "running anaconda" stage, then it just exits "install
exited abnormally [1/1]" (IIRC).

I checked the other ttys, and there are no other error messages. On one
tty it just reads "starting Anaconda /usr/bin/anaconda", and another tty
lists the modules being loaded, ending with something to do with
multipath. There's certainly nothing there that looks like an error,
other that the above message.

So what now?

I don't really have enough info to file a bugzilla, and I don't know how
to get that info, since there is no login prompt on any tty at that
point. I just read about using a serial dump, but that depends on me
having a second system with a serial interface, and I'm afraid I don't
have such a system.