Re: F8: Sound only through PC speakers

> Braden McDaniel wrote:
> > Since installing Fedora 8, I'm getting sound only through my PC speaker.
> >
> > Well, almost. In the Soundcard Detection app, the test emits sound
> > through my normal speakers (which are plugged into an Audigy2 Value). So
> > apparently the system knows about the card and is capable of using it.
> > But aside from this, all sound I've tried to emit (desktop sound
> > effects, Rhythmbox) comes through the PC speaker.
> >
> > What do I need to twiddle to make things work right?
>
> Have you tried increasing the volume via the button in the top right
> corner?

The volume task bar applet? Yes.

>  There are different settings.

I've maxed out everything labeled "playback" that I can find.

>  Alternatively run
>
> # alsamixer
>
> Push up the volume for the different settings and press q to quit.

It only shows me a "master" setting, which is at 100%.

>  Try
> again. Note that only open formats are supported by default.

Given that sound is coming through my PC speaker, I'm not sure how this
could be a format issue.

Is it normal for there to be *no* streams listed on the "Playback" tab
of the PulseAudio Volume Control?

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden@xxxxxxxxxx>