Re: F8: Sound only through PC speakers

Braden McDaniel wrote:
Since installing Fedora 8, I'm getting sound only through my PC speaker.

Well, almost. In the Soundcard Detection app, the test emits sound
through my normal speakers (which are plugged into an Audigy2 Value). So
apparently the system knows about the card and is capable of using it.
But aside from this, all sound I've tried to emit (desktop sound
effects, Rhythmbox) comes through the PC speaker.

What do I need to twiddle to make things work right?

Have you tried increasing the volume via the button in the top right corner? There are different settings. Alternatively run

# alsamixer

Push up the volume for the different settings and press q to quit. Try again. Note that only open formats are supported by default. If you want support for other content refer to guides like these:

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f8.html

Rahul