Re: f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Aaron Konstam wrote:

>In a previous post you said network starts at rl 3
>and NM at run level 5.
>True but if you use NM you should not have network running..
>NM is designed by gnome.org to  run in gnome. With some KDE support.

NM by design is completely DE neutral. It wasn't designed by "gnome.org". It was designed and continues to be maintained by Red Hat developers.

>The OP commented that his connection was severed when he went to rl 3.
>That  is what will happen if you connect using NM at rl 5.
>I'll bite. what front end to NM runs at rl 3. I went back and it was not
in your earlier post.
----

It was not in my earlier post because the question doesn't make any sense. NetworkManager is a root daemon that handles the network connection and policy. It can't possibly have a graphical frontend in runlevel 3.

Rahul