Re: Fedora lifetime and stability

On Nov 9, 2007 4:05 AM, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
> >> Actually, I'm not going to continue this discussion. I wanted
> >> just to share my thoughts. I know that I'm not alone. For
> >> example, here
> >> http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog/2007/03/where_fedora_went_wrong.html
> >> is also said enough, on both sides. And my opinion is that
> >> Fedora will only win if testing period and release lifetime
> >> will be at least twice longer.
> > That aside, it seems that you are in the minority. Most of us
> > (currently) here are quite comfortable with how things are.
>
> How do you know?
> Have you some feedback on this?

It seems a logical conclusion. If he was in the majority, then fedora
would have a long "support" lifetime. 6 months is the time frame those
doing the heavy lifting felt would be best to keep things up to date,
but not falling apart.

So reiterate... how do I know? Simple, it isn't so. If there is a
large majority of people who want a long real cycle, they best get to
work and contribute the necessary resources to get that done - but
then you'll be leaving out those of us who like the short lifetimes.

( www.pembo13.com )