Re: Fedora lifetime and stability

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Serguei Miridonov wrote:

However, before starting a discussion about this I would like to ask, if this topic was discussed earlier.

To death.

I'm sure it was
but can somebody point me any deep analysis which really proves that current one year lifetime and half-year release period is the best for Fedora?

Thank you in advance.

Serguei.

Here is a section of a post on Fedora Philosophy:

The Fedora project does not pretend to be *production server*
centric. It does not even pretend to be *production server*
friendly. The personality of the Fedora project is fast paced,
(b)leading edge, leaving the past behind quickly. It is a great
proving ground or test bed for current technologies. It is fun. It
will never have the stability or extended support that a server
class distribution does.

Translated, "rolling beta." In return for your access to the latest technology, you can expect cuts and bruises.

If you want a longer life, go look at other solutions.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait