Re: F8 says my video controller sucks.

Jimmy Bradley wrote:
      Well, I downloaded the F8 live cd, and burned it to a
cd,everything went fine until it got to my video controller, and then f8
said it couldn't recognize my video controller. Funny, F7 had no
problems with it. I don't know about anyone else on this list, but I've
been seeing this same sort of problem on other machines running other
distros. Ubuntu 7.10 doesn't like the video controller, and 7.04 didn't
like the ethernet or wireless card. Mandriva 2008 also doesn't like the
video card.
      What I don't understand is, if you supported a piece of hardware
in one version, why don't you support it in your new version. I could
understand it if I was running old hardware, but it's all only about 2
or 3 years old.
    I guess for now I'll keep running F7 on that machine, until I get a
new video card for it,the other machines, I've changed distros on them.
   So far, the only distro that I haven't had this problem with
yet(knock on wood) is Cent OS, but who knows, that may change with
version 6.

What's funny, is nowhere at all in the above message do you actually give any details about what the problem was, error messages, or even mention what your video hardware actually is.

Sounds more like a rant than a plea for help.  People can't read minds.

--
Mike A. Harris

Come and join us on the #fedora8 IRC help forum on irc.freenode.net