Re: F8 says my video controller sucks.

     The two machines that Unbuntu or Mandriva didn't like the video
cards in both have Nvidia cards. Both cards have 512mb of video ram on
them, and are agp 4x. They may not be the most up-to-date cards, but
they're still current enough that you would think they would work.
The machine that I've been running fedora on is a Dell Poweredge server
that's about 3 years old now. The video controller is an intel chip, but
I don't remember the exact one. I think is was an E7XXXX, or something
close to that.
   Anyway, F8 doesn't like the controller in the poweredge server, so
it's going to take a new video card to get it running f8. I posted what
I posted just to see if others were having the same or similar problems.
I didn't think the card specs were that important at the time.
Thanks for your reply though. It was certainly much better that the
response I got from that summerfield guy. I don't know why he said what
he said, I certainly never did anything bad to him, but if that's the
way he wants to be, it's a free country. I'll just ignore him from now
on.

Jim