Re: [OT] Digital camara

Tim wrote:
On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 21:52 -0700, Bob Holtzman wrote:
What is needed for 11x14?

I'd try the obvious, simple, test.  Look up the cameras that you're
interested in buying, go to their websites, download a sample image,
take that to your local photo lab, and ask them to print an enlargement
from it.  Or do the same with your own printer, if that's how you're
going to make prints.

You can also ask the photo lab their opinion about what's needed, but
I've noticed that mine seems to find nothing wrong with some rather crap
quality images.  You need samples in your hands to scrutinise.

There's a reason professional portrait (and I include wedding) photographers use medium format cameras such as Hasselblads. They do that size easily.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait