Re: downloading fc7 updates manually?

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 11:30:22 -1000,
  Dave Burns <tburns@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This would not help me, because the machine that has access to the net
> and the yum repos is not the machine that is out of date. I don't want
> to expose the out-of-date machine to the net until it has been updated
> (feeling paranoid). I guess I should dredge around on the yum site to
> figure out how to diff the fc7 original rpms and the current rpms.
> Dave

If that's your problem, setting up your fire wall on that machine to not
allow inbound connections is a pretty safe way to keep from getting rooted
while you are doing the updates.

Note that there is a separate updates repository with the latest (and in
a few cases some older updates) updates. You can even download the whole
repository fairly conveniently if you have broadband. I would suggest doing
this before Thursday, as the mirrors will be hit pretty hard for a while
starting then.