Re: answer

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

 



On 11/3/07, Karl Larsen <[email protected]> wrote:
> Konstantin Svist wrote:
> > Hi Karl,
> >
> > I know you've been on this list for a while now, but I'd like to
> > remind you of proper etiquette when posting to this list.
> >
> > The main problem is that you tend to confuse people - and when they
> > get confused, they take it out with angry emails, causing even more
> > trouble for everyone else.
> > Well, I guess I can't speak for EVERYONE - but you confuse the hell
> > out of me.
>     It appeared all failed to READ what I wrote. They just complained
> and complained about the Subject.
>
>
>
> >
> > So, PLEASE, make sure that any new message that you write to the list
> > is either:
> > * a reply to an already-established thread of conversation (without
> > changing the subject line),
> > * or the message is self-contained, preferably with a descriptive subject
> >
> > The message I'm replying to is VERY confusing, and it takes a lot of
> > time to understand what you're talking about.
>     The message had 2 subjects. There were two lines of words. I could
> have put the whole of the work Maxwell did with wave theory. Would this
> be better?
>
> >
> >
> >
> > >   The update for Open Office arrived here and I tried to print in
> > landscape mode and it worked just fine on F7.
> >
> > Looks like this is in reference to an earlier message, "Bug filed on
> > openoffice-writer 2.3.0 problem with Landscape Printing". If only you
> > mentioned that message in your email, it wouldn't take me half a
> > minute to realize you referenced a different thread of conversation.
>     I thought what I said told it all. I was not trying to answer some
> one else who wrote a bug. In fact I am not aware a bug was written.
> >
> > If this were a chatroom, it would make sense that people know what
> > you're talking about - because like it or not, you pay attention to
> > what others say. On a mailing list, however, a lot of people simply
> > skip over the messages they have no interest in. Your message title is
> > very vague but the contents is very specific. Since I have no interest
> > in the original message, having to look through yours makes me feel
> > like you just pulled a prank on me - something like "HA! MADE YOU
> > LOOK!" That's just childish. Granted, some [angry] replies to your
> > messages are even more childish... and there are lots of childish
> > people on this list... but those are topics I'll leave for a different
> > email ;)
> >
> >
> > > The Fedora web page in Red Hat says F8 will be available in 7 days.
> > So get ready. My DSL Internet is so slow I may buy a DVD from CheapBytes.
> >
> > This is neither here nor there. It's implied that the main topics of
> > this list are 1) problems and 2) technical discussions. What you wrote
> > is a fact, and it relates to Fedora - but it does not fit in the main
> > categories. Therefore, the message is technically off-topic and should
> > be marked as such.
> > Personally, I would either put that in a P.S. of some message, or use
> > a title like "[OT] Fedora 8 coming soon!"
> >
> >
> >
> > I hate to repeat myself, but...
> > You're being very inconsiderate to people in this list (many of who
> > are volunteers who are not in any way associated with RH). I'm sure
> > you don't mean to be, but that's the way it appears. Please take care
> > what you say, and remember - pen is mightier than the sword ;)
> >
> >     I am really sorry. I just can't understand your complaints. I had
> > no reason to say " you stupid ass the OO does too work with landscape
> > printing.
> And I really do not think the date for F8 arriving is off topic.

And why do we have a new thread here again?
Aren't we discussing this already in the thread with the (one, single,
unique) subject "Stuff"??

Karl, everybody (I'm the first) is error prone. But the people in this
list have been really polite for some time, but you have to understand
that EVERYBODY (even you) has a limit for their patience.

Please, just don't post 10 mails a day unless you are answering a
previous mail or asking something _new_.

You can read this http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
if you want some guidelines about what to do and what NOT to do when
asking questions.

Two active threads about this things are too much. Just try to follow
the rules for the good of this community.

Best Regards

>
>
> 73 Karl
>
>
> >
> >
> > P.S.
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6bbXgUNOws
> > haha, couldn't resist :-D
> >
> >
>
>
> --
>
>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>         Linux User
>         #450462   http://counter.li.org.
>
> --
> fedora-list mailing list
> [email protected]
> To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
>


[Index of Archives]     [Current Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]     [Fedora Docs]

  Powered by Linux