Re: Network install FC7

Tim:
>> I did a network install of FC7 ages ago, but I can't recall what
>> protocol I used.  Whichever technique it was, I would have copied the
>> files to a directory, I didn't use a loop mount, or serve out the
>> ISO.

John Summerfield:
> You might have copied and then run createrepo. That should work.

No, I didn't do anything like that.  I just can't remember whether I
used HTTP or NFS for the last network install.  My install booted from
the rescue disc to do a network install with the files from a DVD ISO as
files on my hard disc, exactly as copied from it.  The copying process
would have been from a loop mount, but the actual install wasn't.

But anyway, I think that's probably going off on a tangent from the
original poster's query about networking installing.

I do recall having quite some difficulty the first time I tried to
install.  I'd put the install files onto another hard drive, and tried
to do an install from a local hard drive, and despite it being mounted
and readable, the install routine couldn't make use of it.

I installed another box by removing the DVD drive from yet another
computer.

And the last FC7 install was using the rescue CD as the boot drive, and
external drive in a USB box with the DVD ISO on it.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.