Re: Fedora 7 'issues' (printer)

Michael Hartley wrote:

I have a Samsung ML-1510 Laser printer, connected to the CP via a USB cable...

It worked perfectly well under RH8.

Under FC4, it worked ok once I managed to get it installed, but kept disappearing, until someone from this list advised me how to tweak the OS to make it work.

Under FC7, it worked for a couple of weeks, but now (after a YUM update) the printer seems to be 'not connected - trying again in 30s'

Any advice?

I am tempted to downgrade to FC6, or *gasp!* even buy a cheap Windows XP machine. I don't have time to be my own technical support department.

Yours, Mike H...

This printer is supposedly supported, as described here http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-ML-1510

See if that helps (using the driver they mention)