Re: F8 ETA?

Paul Lemmons wrote:
-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: F8 ETA?
From: Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/30/2007 03:16 PM
 > <snip>
I wish fedoralegacy hadn't gone from support forever to no support, two years is often enough to update production machines! I really like FC better than Ubuntu, and RHEL/WhiteBox/CentOS are just a little too slow to offer features.

Agreed, many production servers have a long upgrade requirement. Lets define "production server" though. In particular, it is a *server* not a *workstation*. It chugs along every day doing what it did the day before. Not much excitement or need for new features for the poor lonely server. It is happiest in a stable, working, static environment.

You need to define "production" too. A software developer might have a different view from that of a provider of online financial services. The former might thin Fedora 8 the ideal server offering for its production work, simply because it needs the latest features to develop and test against. Someone targetting RHEL6 should be using F8, if not today, then certainly tomorrow.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait