Re: send e-mail without use sendmail

Il giorno mer, 31/10/2007 alle 10.14 -0600, Frank Cox ha scritto:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:03:02 -0500
> Les Mikesell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > dnl # Uncomment and edit the following line if your outgoing mail needs to
> > dnl # be sent out through an external mail server:
> > dnl #
> > dnl define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp.your.provider')dnl
>
> I never figured out how to make that work when the ISP's mailserver requires
> SMTP AUTH.  Not that I tried very hard, I suppose.

The SMTP server not use SMTP AUTH, is my email server, I have check this
option, I have set on internal server the smarthost option, the message
is send to smarthost (my email server) but the message, send from my
email server to destination mailserver, have the header not correctly
set (Return-Path: <[email protected]>), then my message is
reject from many mailserver.

Now I still check "email" http://www.cleancode.org/projects/email ....

Thanks

--