Re: speedy recompiles

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
On FC7, in compiling my libraries, I see that
re-compiles of C++ code goes much faster than
than the original compiles.  I delete all *.o
between the compiles.  How does that happen?

I'm guessing you ran make here ? If so, then my second guess would be that on the initial run, a lot more was done when you typed make than just generating the *.o files (and dependent binaries). make is flexible and can be configured to do almost anything.

what happens if you run 'make clean' then make (make clean is a semi-standard way of cleaning a package out).

If that doesn't help try build the package again from a clean area (unpack the tar file again or whatever) and take a note of the message that fly by.

Chris

Thanks,
Mike.