Re: nvidia blues

So I am happy with the run file and will send another email with exact instructions on getting the right one (it took me 2 tries).

If you are happier with the nvidia installer than the rpms then great, I know there are many on this list that agree with you. Each to their own.

However, please don't bother posting yet another half-arsed attempt at a howto... In this case I don't believe you can improve on the instructions on the nvidia site itself, which I think are pretty self-explanatory.

The (current) driver page
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_100.14.19.html
and the readme
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/100.14.19/README/index.html

give all the info you could ever need, I think. If you have problems understanding parts, I'm sure nvidia will accept feedback to improve their web site ;)

Chris