Re: Cut and paste behavior

Chu Tan wrote:
I find that if I cut some text from an app, once the app is closed the
text in the clipboard is also cleared.

Is this a linux feature, or some bug that happens on my installation?

Thanks

Chu

Could you please be a little more specific?  I've tried
a few tests with 'copy', 'cut' and the simple X11 highlight
and paste with the middle button, and in each case was able
to paste the selected text into a gvim window after the
original app was closed.