Re: nvidia

Tim wrote:
Tim:
That depends on which card you have.  I've two here that were easy
enough.  One fairly old, one quite new.
I have one that is VERY HARD. You see if you can get the name of your cards. I will look for mine. We can then steer Linux users away from mine.

I'll have to check on the other ones later, but this one that went off
without a hitch, is a:  Quadro NVS 110M / GeForce Go 7300 rev 161

That was on a new laptop, too.  Which can be pushing one's luck.

Karl:
This bug makes f7 and I expect f8 useless to a new user with nvidia.
RHGB is not compulsory, and the pointer bug only exists with some cards.
It doesn't with mine.

I see, all 10 of your nvidia equipt computers have never shown you a missing pointer? Amazing.

Try turning that around.  YOUR experiences with YOUR cards are just YOUR
experiences.  Just because YOU'VE had some trouble with YOUR cards
doesn't mean that FC 7 or 8 are going to be "useless" with NVidia cards
for other people.

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, stop
exaggerating.   :-\

Is the livna depository going to be standard for all who get F8? If not who will tell them they need to set it up and how to do that?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User