Re: can't read from a Ricoh SD (Secure Digital) card reader

Tim wrote:
I have an Asus PRO31J F3JC laptop with a Ricoh SD card reader that
Fedora is slightly aware that it's in the computer, but doesn't actually
do anything with it.
Is today F7 ? Updated ?

The text info IINM comes pci.ids provided by hwinfo. On my F7 system that is:
hwdata-0.200-1.fc7
Build Date: Tue 10 Apr 2007

 yum --enablerepo=development list hwdata
shows:
hwdata.noarch   0.207-1.fc8   development

You might be able to get at least the correct message by updating to the soon to be F8 version. This doesn't try to bring in any other files.

But I have an idea that udev / hal ? provide the actual mappings...

DaveT.