Re: Mplayer,livna, and MRL formated dvd's Q

On 27/10/2007, Gene heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I finally removed the livna-release-7.1.rpm cuz it also crashed yumux.
>
> So how do I go about getting mplayer to install on an uptodate F7 lappy with a
> 64 bit turion running the i386 f7 install?
>
> We really would like to be able to read about these medications.

Livna should work - the livna webpage currently has

http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-7.rpm

linked, although I notice my system must have updated to a newer
-release package because:
$ rpm -qa | grep livna
livna-release-7-2

Anyway - go to http://rpm.livna.org/rlowiki/ and click on the "Fedora
7 repository rpm" and install that. The install mplayer at the command
line with a

yum install mplayer mplayer-gui

You might also consider installing xine, an alternative DVD player with

yum install xine xine-lib-extras xine-lib-extras-nonfree

If you really don't want to use livana, and alternative is FreshRPMs
(http://freshrpms.net/) which also carries mplayer and xine. I would
not recommending using livna and freshrpms together though.

HTH
Jonathan.