Re: Restricted SSH access

Alan Cox wrote:
tried with assigning a user /bin/bash console with -r (restricted) parameter (set it up on /etc/passwd)
but then I couldn't log on with putty or WinSCP to system.
Any ideas for simple solution for my problem?

P.S. Somebody might ask why would somebody use ssh for that limited access. Answer is that it must be supported, project specifications...

Firstly the shell in /etc doesn't include an argument setting so you want
to run /bin/rbash (and link bash to rbash)

Secondly you'll need to carefully set up your apps to have no holes

Thirdly make sure that they cant redirect into their own home directory
files (make the dir r/o and the files r/o)

Finally if you want them to use things like ftp you'll need to
put /bin/rbash into /etc/shells. You may well not want to do that bit of
course.

Alan

You might also look at hacking on busybox.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait