Re: Bug report

Karl Larsen wrote:

Hi Les, I just reboot to the SATA hard drive after doing two things. First I found bootable partitions on both drives. The PARTA had the Swap partition /dev/sda1 bootable :-) and the SATA had the partition with Linux /dev/sda3 bootable. I erased both with fdisk and then rebooted to the SATA using this in grub.conf:

root (hd1,2)
chainload

It booted up exactly like it did with the old grub stuff. So I will now update my grub paper I am still working on. I will upgrade what it takes to boot up another grub. This is without doubt the best way to boot several Linux or windows systems with grub.

Which old grub stuff? Do you mean the chainloaded drive is still recognized as /dev/sdf (or whatever it was when you didn't chainload boot) if you omit the 'makeactive'?

--
 Les Mikesell
  lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx