Re: FEDORA core 7 installation on laptop

Tracy12 wrote:

> If CD driver is the issue, Is there any way I can install LIVE CD via a
> USB drive.
>
> What are the steps I should follow.

Not quite the question you asked,
but I installed the KDE Live CD on a USB stick,
following the instructions at
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo>
and it worked fine.

A tiny caveat: The Live CD as it stands is just that -
Linux running on a CD or USB stick.
It is not the same as a proper Fedora installation,
since you cannot alter the basic system,
eg you cannot add users.