Re: OOO broken <OT>

Andrew Kelly wrote:
On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 00:39 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 09:54 +0200, Andrew Kelly wrote:

<snip>

But
I sure can say that I get a ***t-load of spam from gmail accounts, and
that gmail either does not have an abuse mechanism in place, or simply
refuses to respond to it's use. Whatever the case, gmail is the new hotmail in my admin life. In fact,
aol has fallen to 4th place on my personal list of "The Rings of Hell".
gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, in that order.
Wow, it's worked really well for me. Maybe you don't have something
clicked on in your preferences?? Ric

Ah, sorry, that was a bit unclear on my part. I meant that the mail
servers I maintain and the user-base I administer are plagued by the
aforementioned.

which I assume you to mean is spam which claims to be from someone@xxxxxxxxxx

I for one have seen little spam that really does come from gmail, it's mostly injected from broadband accounts (as determined by host name) (un usa) or universities in .cn.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait