Re: OOO broken <OT>

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 09:54 +0200, Andrew Kelly wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 00:06 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> > Gmail makes me more "confident" you see.
>
> Gmail.
> You know, I think I'm learning that I think gmail really sucks. I've
> never actually used web-based e-mail (and I've never really understood
> why anybody who has an actual internet connection would in the first
> place), so I don't really know what it's enticing feature(s) is/are.

Ah! But you don't have to use web based anything as they offer free pop
accounts. So, evolution just snorkles down my email directly to my
machine and I get almost zero spam here as the spam it detects it keeps
there, instead of delivering it to me. Like you, every so often I
firefox into my online account to empty the trash after searching for
the false-positives. Works pretty darn well for me. Yahoo, on the other
hand, has been the garbage collector for the world. Like a .22 with the
serial numbers burred off, it was a "throw-down" for me.
> But
> I sure can say that I get a ***t-load of spam from gmail accounts, and
> that gmail either does not have an abuse mechanism in place, or simply
> refuses to respond to it's use.
> Whatever the case, gmail is the new hotmail in my admin life. In fact,
> aol has fallen to 4th place on my personal list of "The Rings of Hell".
> gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, in that order.

Wow, it's worked really well for me. Maybe you don't have something
clicked on in your preferences?? Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar