Re: Yum problem

On 25/10/2007, Michael Semcheski <mhsemcheski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Following things up a little...  I have one computer that is fine, and
> one that isn't.  When I ran 'rpm -qa yum\*' on each one:
>
> Both had:
> yum-metadata-parser-1.1.0-2.fc7
>

> But only the one that was working had:
>
> yum-updatesd-3.2.5-1.fc7
> yum-fastestmirror-1.1.7-1.fc7
> yum-3.2.5-1.fc7
>

> So my question is, how do I copy the other three rpm's over to my
> non-working computer so I can install them?

Via the network? On a USB memory stick? On a rewritable CD?
Or you insert the install CD and do "rpm -ivh yum....rpm" from there.
Or you fetch the latest yum update from your favourite Fedora Updates mirror:
http://fedora.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/fedora-enchilada/linux/updates/7/i386/yum-3.2.7-1.fc7.noarch.rpm