hitch installing 7 from http

Greetings,

I’ve run into a hitch trying to install Fedora 7 on to an old Gateway P2 266 machine with only 128 Megs of RAM. I’ve tried installing from a live CD (even though documentation says you need 192 Megs of RAM) and it just crawls to a halt. So, I start the install again with a boot CD and I get the nice familiar 16 color interactive GUI screens for doing the install. The hitch is this, whenever you try to use the http method (or ftp for that matter) you are asked to provide the URL for the website and then the folder path for the os folder to get to the image files. The problem is this – it doesn’t seem to matter what you type in either line, by default the program inserts a forward slash at the end of the first line and at the beginning of the second line causing an error to come back saying that it is unable to retrieve the minstg2.img image file. Now, I could be typing incorrectly, but I’ve tried every combination I can thing of on three different mirrors and I cannot get it to go. Anybody got any thoughts out there on either coaxing the live CD to go with only 128 Megs of RAM or getting the http method to go past the error?

Thanx gang,

Art

PS. I looked in the archives (but didn’t do an exhaustive search) and didn’t see anything like this there in the recent past.