Re: Top Posting Question

Around 03:52pm on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 (UK time), Jonathan Allen scrawled:

> Given that the preference on this list is trimming and
> bottom/mid-posting, and that Thunderbird is one of the principle mail
> agents used in the Fedora and Linux world, why does it always open
> incoming emails at the top, and compose new emails with the cursor at
> the top immediately ready to top-post?  Moreover, thunderbird appears to
> have no user options to bottom post and view emails from the bottom (or
> Usenet articles either).

With bottom posting you want it to open at the top, as bottom posted
emails are designed to be read from top to bottom.  You should be
arguing that Outlook, etc. clients should open at the bottom because
its user community tends to top post.

Regarding composing, my view (and I've never used Thunderbird) is that
it opens at the top so you can start trimming from there, and working
down to the bits you want to reply to.

Steve