Re: Experiencing the Grub Error 17

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>> GRUB has support for LVM and RAID since version 1.95. Multiple
>> volume groups don't work with GRUB 1.95 however. This bug has been
>> fixed in CVS, so if you have multiple volume groups you should get
>> the latest version from CVS.
>
> ok, i stand corrected.  i did a quick google on that before i posted,
> and the first few (recent) hits seemed adamant that grub didn't yet
> have support for LVM.  my bad.  sorry.

Actually, I sort of had second thoughts about what I wrote after I wrote it.
 I believe that 1.95 is the pre-release of the grub2 project.  The version
of grub supplied with F7 is 0.9X (forgot what the X is) and looking at the
changelogs there is no mention of support being added for LVM.

Needless to say, that has left me in a confused state.  Then again, it could
be the drugs after my accident....or my normal state.  :-)