Re: Grub Manual ... Solved

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 19 October 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
   I have put the new part of my overall grub writing on this list and
got complete quiet from the group. I ask you to read it again. The
definition of a root directory has been tested and it is right.

Frankly, I tried to read it, and never saw such a miss-understood writing, so much so that I didn't feel it was worth a reply, and I doubt that anyone else did either. I would not contaminate my thinking with that.
I gather from your in-ability to read the paper is because you think it is complete crap? I would like to know what you think is wrong with it.

   So onward and up. I want to write down exactly how you start one
grub with another. It is doable but the stuff in info grub is not
correct! I will prove that soon.

Prove it all you want, but please do it to yourself. The rest of us are welcome to ignore you, and will. Until you have a basic understanding of what grub is doing, please don't confuse the issue. Newbies to this list have no way of filtering your spew of miss-information, making it doubly harder for them to 'get it right'.

Your concern for the new people is touching. I do not see how what I wrote can hurt the new people. I doubt they will understand it. Maybe that is your problem?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User